UCR Radio deploys AEQ AudioPlus
- 02 March, 2023
ESP: The Radio stations of the University of Costa Rica have renewed their automation system with
AEQ AudioPlus. The project was completed at the end of 2022 with the extension of two licenses
and the migration of the database server.
The University of Costa Rica (UCR) is one of the five state universities of the Republic of Costa Rica, being considered one of the most prestigious and recognized in Latin America, and the best university in Central America and the Caribbean. Its main campus, the Ciudad Universitaria Rodrigo Facio, is in Montes de Oca, about 3km from the center of the country's capital, San José.
The Radio Stations of the University of Costa Rica promote the free expression of ideas through diverse, creative and quality programming. The three university stations are dedicated to the dissemination of artistic, educational content and analysis of local and international politics.
They currently have 3 frequencies:
• Radio Universidad 96.7FM • Radio U 101.9 FM • Radio UCR 870AM
The University of Costa Rica (UCR) decided to renew its AEQ Mar4Suite Pro automation system in use for many years, by the current AudioPlus system. The Project has developed gradually over the last few years.
For each frequency an On Air license and a Production license have been installed, giving a total of 3 Playout licenses and 3 Planner licenses.
The versatility of AudioPlus licenses allows any programmer of any station to make contributions to different frequencies. If required, the Playout stations can also be multipurpose by being able to integrate two or more players on the same computer that can be diversified at different frequencies.
The most important advantages of migrating from Mar4Suite Pro to AudioPlus are:
- Centralized server in the university's server's farm.
- Integration of network units inside AudioPlus, for the massive import/export of audios.
- Cataloguing their sound library by any filter that is required.
- Semi-automated audio imports and standardizations.
- Safe mode: AudioPlus is capable of casting whatever it has loaded in cache without having to depend on a server. In this way, full days or weeks can be automated without the need for connection to a central server.
- Low investment in hardware: AudioPlus accepts any audio card on the market, whether professional, semi-professional or low cost. UCR reused cards it used in other applications so as not to lose that investment.
- Full migration process for audios and metadata. No audio was lost in the migration process.
In 2022 the Project ended with the installation of two new licenses, the migration of its Database and Audio server to a more capable one without the need to stop the broadcast by integrating the secure mode, and a 2-day training was given to the new staff to explain the main characteristics of the system.
For more information about the Radio Stations of the University of Costa Rica visit.