Teradek Launches Wave - The 5-in-1 Smart Streaming Monitor
- 27 October, 2021
USA: Teradek, a member of the Vitec Group’s Creative Solutions division, launches Wave: their first-ever 5-in-1 live streaming monitor. Wave is the only live streaming monitor that handles encoding, smart event creation, network bonding, multistreaming, and recording - all on a daylight-viewable touchscreen display.
- Wave is Teradek’s first monitor-encoder that allows users to view their video feed directly on the encoder itself - eliminating the need for an additional screen;
- Using Sharelink - Teradek’s cloud service - Wave users can enable network bonding for highly-stable streams, and broadcast to multiple streaming platforms simultaneously;
- It features hot-swappable battery plates for continuous power, and a USB-C connector for universal power connectivity;
- The monitor-encoder features a daylight-viewable 7” touchscreen with IPS LCD display, and 1000nits of brightness;
- It encodes in H.264 up to 1080p60 to any RTMP destination while supporting simultaneous on-board recording.
Wave’s sleek form factor is compact and versatile. Simply set the device on tabletops with its leg stands, or mount Wave to cameras for on-the-go streaming. Its hot-swappable battery plates and USB-C connector provide continuous power for long productions, and its daylight-viewable monitor makes it easy to see what’s happening on the screen at any time of day, in any brightness. These features make Wave a highly-adaptable device for streamers in any environment.
A big draw for Wave users is the ability to set up an unlimited number of events ahead of time with Wave’s easy-to-use project workflow: FlowOS. This intuitive operating system guides users in creating their live streaming events in advance - from video and audio configuration, to network connection, and destination settings. With FlowOS, streamers can also monitor their video in real-time from Wave, and keep tabs on their stream settings and analytics, giving the flexibility to prep and plan for a stress-free stream.
And when using Wave with its mobile app, streamers can step away from their Wave, and easily review their stream's stats like bitrate and network status to ensure a stable stream from their mobile device.
Wave users can take their streams two steps further by pairing their device with Sharelink, Teradek’s cloud service. Sharelink enables users to utilize network bonding, which protects live streams by splitting the video bitrate across multiple network connections including Ethernet, USB modems, and cellular hotspots. If one connection becomes unreliable, Wave load balances across the other connections - locking in a stable connection in challenging environments. Sharelink’s secondary benefit is its ability to send streams to multiple platforms all at once, allowing viewers to tune in from whichever platform they prefer, and allowing streamers to grow their streaming audience.
“With the massive spike in streaming events post-COVID, the expectation for engaging, high-quality content has never been higher,” says Michael Gailing, VP and GM of Creative Solution’s Live Production business. “Wave not only enables production crews to elevate the quality and the reach of their events, but it reduces setup and breakdown times, and improves the overall dynamic of the viewer’s experience."