New Firmware for Gateway and Gateway 4 Codecs
- 05 July, 2021
AUS: Leading codec manufacturer Tieline has announced the release of new firmware v3.02.06 supporting a range of highly anticipated new features in Gateway and Gateway 4 codecs. Major features in this release include:
- Support for NMOS IS-04 and IS-05 (Networked Media Open Specifications).
- Support for up to 8 channels of digital phase-locked multichannel audio, including 6 channel (5.1 or 6.0) or 8 channel (7.1 or 8.0) surround sound streams in Gateway, or 4 channel phase-locked streams in Gateway and Gateway 4.
- Dynamic range compressor and EQ on all inputs.
- SmartStream PLUS redundant streaming support for multi-unicast streams.
- Support for Euro ISDN connections.
“This is a significant release which supports features like NMOS, and up to 8 channels of phase-locked multi-channel IP audio, which will excite broadcast engineers,” said Charlie Gawley, VP Sales APAC/EMEA. “Processing features like input compression and EQ, that can be adjusted from anywhere online using the Toolbox web-GUI interface, also take remote control to another level.”
Support for NMOS IS-04 and IS-05 in the Gateway platform is incredibly important and provides discovery, registration, and control for ST 2110 AoIP streaming. This ensures that components of a networked media system can find each other and delivers connection management and audio channel mapping to device I/O channels. Combined with support for 16 AES67/ST 2110-30 AoIP streams, NMOS brings a new level of interoperability and control with networked equipment throughout the broadcast plant.
Support of phase-locked AoIP streaming allows broadcasters to stream live events like concerts and major sports in stereo and surround sound simultaneously, or distribute live phase-locked audio between studios or network affiliates. A 16 channel Gateway codec supports sending 2 x 6 + 2 channels of phase-locked streams, or 2 x 8 channels of phase-locked streams, or 4 x 4 channels of phase-locked streams.
The new release is a free upgrade for existing customers. Release notes for all new features can be viewed, and firmware downloaded, from the support page for each codec available via: http://tieline.com/support
For more information on Gateway and Gateway 4 codecs visit www.tieline.com/products
or contact Tieline sales:
- For USA, Canada & Latin America contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Australia and International: email@example.com