New Dalet Flex Production Tools Accelerate Editing and Delivery of Content Across All Viewer Platforms
- 31 July, 2023
Cloud-native Dalet Flex ecosystem now features web-based Dalet Cut media editor, enhanced FlexMOVE asset migration,
and even more powerful AmberFin Kiosk integrations to streamline media movement across your operation.
FRA: Dalet, a leading technology and service provider for media-rich organizations, is enabling more efficient creative production workflows and overall management of media supply chains, content catalog and archives with major enhancements to its award-winning, cloud-native Dalet Flex platform. The latest long-term support (LTS) release brings the following capabilities that provide an enhanced user experience and accelerate content movement, editing and delivery across viewer platforms.
- New fast-paced editing workflows with Dalet Cut, the award-winning, multimedia and multiformat web-based editor. Users can work on content preparation and cutdowns, social media highlights and compliance editing workflows, all fully integrated within the Dalet Flex ecosystem.
- Enhanced user interface for FlexMOVE that enables users to effortlessly upload media and metadata, for individual files or in bulk. A new integration with IBM Aspera Connect data transfer solution is also included within the application to further speed up your workflows.
- Simplified camera card ingest, enabling deeper control over assets and productions, thanks to shared users and permissions between Dalet AmberFin Kiosk and Dalet Flex.
As the media industry’s most comprehensive and advanced media logistics platform, Dalet Flex provides full flexibility to configure workflows in the cloud, on-premises, or a hybrid of both. Its expanded ecosystem brings much needed efficiencies to creative media operations dealing with multiple pipelines of content for production, packaging, repackaging, distribution and archive on a cloud-native workflow platform that is future-proof. As market demands evolve, the platform provides increased extensibility thanks to its cloud-native, microservices-based architecture.
“Dalet Flex is designed from the ground up to supercharge production and distribution workflows from ingest to delivery. The comprehensive Dalet Flex ecosystem seamlessly interconnects third-party business and production systems, enabling customers to manage complex workflows from sales to library management to packaging and distribution faster and in a much more user-friendly way,” states
Mathieu Zarouk, VP Product Management, Dalet. “Key innovations like the cloud-native media editor
Dalet Cut enable our users to evolve their content preparation capabilities and leverage the cloud to collaborate anywhere”.
Dalet Cut - Fast. Simple. Powerful.
Announced at NAB 2023, Dalet Cut is a web-based editor that seamlessly integrates with the Dalet Flex platform. It’s a lightning-fast, user-friendly multimedia editing tool with native access to your full media library enabling users of all video editing skill levels to quickly edit and publish content from anywhere. Dalet Cut is ideal for workflows that require fast media assembly including content preparation, cutdowns, game highlights and recaps, as well as compliance editing. Feature highlights include:
- Edit from a browser with no additional software or hardware for users to install;
- Access your full media library and content archive directly from your editing tool whether it's in the cloud or on-premises;
- Create multiple versions with different aspect ratios, ideal for today's digital media landscape;
- End-to-end workflows where files can stay in the cloud from start to finish.
Dalet Flex’s underlying Media Asset Management and Orchestration engine keeps track of in-progress content workflows, eliminating the complexity of managing large pools of assets across multiple locations.
“Whether you need to do a cutdown, social media highlight, or to perform compliance editing, you can now quickly edit using Dalet Cut directly within the Flex environment. With an incredibly intuitive interface, users can quickly prepare content, maximizing operational efficiency", continues Mathieu.
Convenience, Flexibility and Control
The latest Dalet Flex release includes additional enhancements that bring added flexibility and control to users, including a refreshed user interface for Dalet FlexMOVE. With a more intuitive user experience, it is now quicker and easier to load content to the platform. Additional integration with IBM Aspera Connect allows customers to leverage their existing Aspera account for accelerated file uploads within the Dalet Flex ecosystem, saving time and resources.
In addition, tighter integration with Dalet AmberFin Kiosk ingest management tool, through shared users and metadata, enables easy and efficient import of camera cards into the platform. With this enhanced functionality including optional per-user quotas, customers gain higher control over their projects, while seamlessly leveraging the power of Dalet AmberFin for their production and distribution workflows.