Hitachi-Comark Announces NEW VHF E-Compact High-Power Air-Cooled Transmitters
- 09 August, 2023
USA: Hitachi Kokusai Electric Comark LLC 'COMARK', a manufacturer and supplier of DTV transmitters, encoding systems, and associated field services for over 50 years, has announced the introduction of the NEW EC600HP-BB3 VHF Band 3 E-Compact series high-efficiency, air-cooled solid-state DTV transmitters.
The EC600HP-BB3 product line is available with up to 4 x PA’s in parallel, producing from 1150W to up to 4.6kW respectively. These output power levels are measured after the mask filter. This new VHF band 3 E-Compact delivers the same features as the field proven UHF version including:
- EXACT-V2 digital TV exciter licensed for ATSC 1.0, optional license for ATSC 3.0;
- Hot-swappable rectifiers accessible from the front panel of the PA chassis;
- Dual commercial off-the-shelf GE AC to DC rectifiers per PA in load share mode;
- Single drive exciter & controller or optional dual drive with auto switching;
- Newly improved system controller with a simpler Graphical User Interface (GUI);
- Built-in surge protection devices (SPD) to minimize power grid overvoltage;
- Optional front panel touch screen for easier user access to the control / monitoring GUI.
The EC600HP-BB3 features the latest broadband Doherty LDMOS RF power amplifiers with efficiency of up to 40%.
The air-cooled PA design includes automatic cooling fan speed control that provides lower acoustic noise levels during operation while extending the life span of these fans. Each 3RU PA features a rear-panel plug-in design for easy installation and maintenance. Multiple RF amplifiers are combined with an insulated RF combiner enabling Hot Swap of the PAs.
The transmitters use a built-in Embedded WEB Server that provides control and management of the transmitter through a web-GUI (via PC or mobile phone standard browser) without the need for any external software or drivers. SNMP for transmitter remote control and monitoring is also available.
The E-Compact features the field proven EXACT-V2 IP Optimized DTV exciters with DualCast technology and is easily upgraded from ATSC 1.0 to 3.0, protecting your investment today for use tomorrow.
EXACT-V2 delivers an ATSC compliant, on-channel RF output and performs RF precorrection of both linear and non-linear distortion via Digital Adaptive Precorrection (DAP) technology. DAP automatically corrects both the linear and non-linear system distortions inherent to all DTV systems. The use of DAP provides the lowest cost of operation with very high system efficiency and RF SNR performance.
The E-Compact family is compact and rugged, perfectly suited for broadcasters looking to replace
their older and less efficient equipment or for future ATSC 3.0 SFN systems.