Global Broadcasters Rely on TVU Networks
- 14 March, 2022
USA: Despite pandemic-based travel restrictions, rules on equipment transport and mountainous terrain, TVU Networks, the market and technology leader in cloud and IP-based live video solutions, announced that TVU Media Services successfully supported customers at another high-profile sporting event with the completion of the Winter Games in Beijing. The company reports that more than 7,600 GB of data was used by broadcasters to cover the Games.
“The challenges in Beijing were similar to what we’ve seen at other, large-scale events recently,” said Kap Shin, Head of TVU Media Services, TVU Networks. “But with nearly a decade of hands-on experience providing extensive support during the Summer and Winter Games, our customers were set up for success. They were well covered with 24/7 tech support, easy equipment rentals, freelance crew at the ready, live video feeds, and studio rentals. We’re offering that same level of support for broadcasters covering the Paralympics.”
More than 100 broadcasters worldwide relied on TVU One’s rock-solid transmission, with many taking advantage of its ability to deliver pristine resolution over China’s 5G networks.
The TVU One transmitter and live streaming encoder with 5G proved itself a star performer during yet another Winter Games, providing service to many global broadcasters, including: Korean Broadcasting System (KBS), Seoul Broadcasting System (SBS), Shanghai Media Group (SMG), Joongang Tongyang Broadcasting Company (JTBC) in South Korea, YTN Korea, Yonhap News TV in South Korea, MBN in South Korea, Channel A in South Korea, TV Chosun, China Global Television Networks (CGTN), Match TV and Seven Network Australia.
The TVU One mobile transmitters feature:
- 5G transmission with unlimited 5G data;
- 4K HDR or 1080p HDR picture quality;
- Sub-second latency;
- The aggregation of all available data connections - cellular, 5G, WiFi, Ethernet,
and satellite - to transmit broadcast-quality video from any location.
Among the other services TVU offers Winter and Paralympic Games broadcasters:
- Equipment delivery, pick up, set up, technical assistance and exchanges within two to four hours from notification subject to COVID regulations;
- Zero risk booking ensures a full refund if Games are canceled;
- 24x7 live pool feeds from Beijing;
- Watch Party Solution to easily and cost effectively share live moments between athletes and friends and family remotely;
- Professional Remote Reporting Solution, which provides reporters and producers the ability to conduct remote interviews from their home or studio;
- Complimentary office space in the TVU Beijing office with free high-speed internet access and language assistance;
- All-in-One Interview Kit for mobile journalists that enable high quality live shots from anywhere.