AJA Releases Ki Pro GO v4.0 Firmware
- 01 April, 2022
USA: AJA Video Systems has released v4.0 firmware for its Ki Pro GO multi-channel H.264 recorder, delivering enhanced playback and control functionality to give users more flexibility in the field. This free update introduces third-party file playback support alongside a host of new settings improvements that help ensure more seamless setup and operation across production, post, and proAV environments.
Ki Pro GO v4.0 feature highlights include:
- Intuitive playback of .mp4 files originating from supported third-party applications,
including Adobe Premiere Pro;
- Apple Final Cut Pro, Avid Media Composer and Blackmagic Design DaVinci Resolve;
- Ability to set each device to generate 0, 1, 2, 3 or 4 B-frames individually
on each channel for smaller file sizes;
- New alarm functionality that makes it easy to clear outdated alerts after errors are corrected;
- Updated REST API that enables remote device shut-off.
“Modern production and proAV environments demand flexibility in the field, especially when recording multiple simultaneous HD and SD video feeds, and we designed Ki Pro GO with this in mind. Ki Pro GO users have expressed a desire to play out H.264 files generated within their NLE applications on Ki Pro GO, which this update enables. Ki Pro GO v4.0 firmware is an extension of our work and continued commitment to helping professionals get the most out of their gear,” shared AJA President Nick Rashby.
Ki Pro GO is a portable multi-channel H.264 recorder offering up to 4-channels of simultaneous HD and SD recording to off the shelf USB drives with redundant recording capabilities. Designed to be either portable or rack mountable with half rack wide, 2RU high dimensions, Ki Pro GO is well suited for use in any environment.